I finally got a chance yesterday to go check on our bees. I needed to make sure that the queens got out of their cages and I needed to put some sugar water in their feeder (they need to be fed when starting out). Our lovely queens did get out of their cages but I’m still not good at finding them in the mass of 10,000 bees. Our little ladies have been very busy in the last six days. I took out a frame to place the queen cage in the hive last Saturday and I didn’t put the frame back. Well, I was surprised yesterday to see that my industrious girls had filled the space of the missing frame with honeycomb. I had to remove the extra comb so that I could put the missing frame back in. We got six fair size honeycombs out of the process. I feel bad to set them back by removing their hard work but it couldn’t just stay there. It was also neat to see the comb. It had nectar (to be turned into honey) and pollen in the comb cells. The kids thought it was pretty cool to see. Amber’s going to try to make something out of it, maybe some lip gloss.